Ingredients for 4 portions:
140 g Parmigiano Reg. cheese 30/36 months (grated)
33,3 g Organic Apple Saba
80 g Egg whites
2 g Fresh bell pepper yellow or red
75 g White bread use for make toasted bread
50 g Fresh pear (variety: Williams)
4 g Fresh Mint leaves (small bunch)
0,2 g Xanthan gum powder
• Toast bread and crush it till tiny peaces.
• Mix Saba with Xanthan gum powder, cool it down in the fridge.
• Beat the egg whites until stiff.
• Mix egg whites and cheese gently.
• Form balls and place frozen Saba in the middle of them.
• Bread the balls with the toast mix
• Fry in peanut oil. When cooked, insert the stick and serve on a plate with a brush of Saba, strips of chili, cubes of pears and mint.
Recipe of the chef Roberto Carcangiu