Taste and elegance are the most important words for Enrica and her cooking blog “Chiara Passion”. An incredible marriage between the sweet Decana pear, the savory Parmigiano Reggiano and the harmonically acid Balsamic Vinegar… What a conquest! This soft and delicate pudding, presented by the great Chef, is surely going to satisfy even the most refined palates!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 4-5 flans:
- 4 Eggs
- 200 ml Fresh Cream
- 100 g Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 Knob of Butter
- Salt to taste
- 2 Decana Pears
- 100 ml Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Violet Label
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Sprig of Pennyroyal
- Mix the eggs, cream and Parmigiano in a bowl. Whisk and add a pinch of salt.
- Pour the mixture into 4 pudding molds. Cover the bottom of a rectangular bowl with absorbent paper. Place the molds into the bowl and add hot water (it has to come up to the middle of the height of the molds).
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil. Cook in the oven at 160°C for 45 min, removing the foil for the least 10 min.
- Melt a knob of butter in a nonstick pan. Wash the pears and slice them on a mandolin. Caramelize the pears with 2 tbsp. of sugar.
- Balsamic Vinegar Reduction. Take a saucepan. Boil the balsamic vinegar with 5 g of sugar over low heat. Leave it thicken. (It will reduce 3/4 of its volume). Note: if it gets too thick when cool, heat it slightly to make it more fluid.
- Place the hot flan onto the serving plate. Add the caramelized pears. Season with the balsamic reduction. Garnish with crushed walnuts and a couple of pennyroyal leaves.