Ingredients (serves 4)
- 50 g bacon
- 500g chards
- 50 g casera (typical Italian cheese of Lombardy region)
- 50 g. Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 shallot
- 200 g shortcrust pastry
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Violet Label to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare chards (discard hard ribs).
- Cut shallot. Place in a pot with oil and water and stew for 5 minutes.
- In a pot filled with boiling water, dip chards for about 1 minute. Place cooked chards immediately in a bowl filled with water and ice cubes and allow to cool. Squeeze and roughly cut.
- Cut bacon into julienne strips and brown in a frying pan until crispy. Drain off the excess fat.
- In a bowl, combine chards with Parmesan cheese. Add stewed shallot, crispy bacon, two eggs and chopped casera cheese.
- Roll out shortcrust pastry and cover 4 little molds (9 cm diameter), previously wrapped with aluminum foil, greased and covered in flour. Add the mixture of chards and sprinkle with melt butter. Cook in oven for 25 minutes to 180 °C.
GARNISH: take cakes out the molds and place on plates. Add salad, and dress with olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar Violet Label.