Artichokes and prawns are the main ingredients of this delicious first course, accompanied by homemade tagliatelle. A colorful dish that unites the delicate flavor of prawns, the strong taste of artichokes and the sweet and sour notes of the Balsamic Vinegar. A real explosion of perfumes and tastes! This recipe is a perfect idea for a springtime dinner.
Cooking time: 1 h
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 200 g All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 20/25 Prawn Tails
- 4 Fresh Artichokes
- 5 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200 ml Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Green Label
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 10/10 Slices of Colonnata Lard
- Start with the pasta. Heap the flour on the work surface. Add the eggs. Use a fork to whisk the flour gradually into the eggs.
- Knead the dough with hands until it becomes elastic and homogeneous. Use a rolling pin or a dough sheeter to roll out the dough. Remember that good pasta requires love and commitment! Roll the pasta sheet into a tube and cut it into pieces (1cm each). Let your tagliatelle sit for some time.
- Wash the prawns, removing the shell and the black interiors. Use a toothpick, if you wish. Wash properly and place them on a piece of absorbent paper to dry.
- Mix the Balsamic Vinegar with 2 tbsp, of oil, garlic and parsley in a saucepan. Let the mixture reduce. It will take about 10 min.
- Turn off the heat. Remove the garlic and parsley. Add the prawn tails and caramelize them in the hot vinegar reduction.
- Clean the artichokes. Keep only the central parts. Cut them.
- Cook the artichoke slices in a pan with a bit of oil over medium heat. They will get ready in a few minutes.
- Wrap the prawn tails into the slices of Colonnata Lard. Place them in the pan together with the artichoke slices. Cook over high heat for several minutes.
- Boil abundant water in a pot. Add salt. Drop in your tagliatelle. Cook for a few minutes. Freshly made pasta needs few time to be ready.
- Drain the pasta and place it into the pan with the condiment. Cook for a minute over high heat. Serve it hot.