One more masterpiece of the wise creativity of the chef Claudio Sandler. Once more the perfect synergy of the ingredients. Octopus is the absolute protagonist of this dish. It is accompanied with potatoes, made in 2 different ways. Check it out!
Ingredients for 4 portions:
For beer and Balsamic Vinegar crisp
- 3 medium potatoes
- 20 cl. red beer
- 5 cl Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Violet Label
For griddled octopus and potatoes with oil
- 1 octopus (1 kg)
- 250 g potatoes
- 20 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of rocket
- 1 bay leaf
- Cloves to taste
- Rocket Leaves
- Boil 3 medium potatoes. Meanwhile reduce to half the beer in a pan. Fill a blender with the boiled potatoes and obtain a smooth cream.
- Add Balsamic Vinegar and the reduced beer. Place the dough on a silicone sheet on a baking tray and allow to dry for about 48 hours.
- Place octopus in water flavored with bay leaf and cloves. Cook to boil for about 1 hour.
- Drain octopus and chop up (2 cm pieces).
- Boil potatoes. Once cooked, drop through a vegetable mill. Add oil (20 g.), salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
Preheat a frying pan and toast octopus chunks.
GARNISH: Place octopus chunks on a plate. With the help of a tablespoon, place some piles of potatoes. Garnish with pieces of beer and Balsamic Vinegar crisp, and rocket Leaves.