Good restaurants sear their salmon in a hot pan, creating a crispy exterior and moist just-cooked interior. So delicious! Why not to indulge with few drops of Balsamic Vinegar and a creamy yogurt sauce?
Ingredients for 1 portion:
- 1 fresh salmon fillet
- Sesame seeds
- 50ml of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Green Label
- 1 Jar of Plain yogurt (no sugar)
- 5g of Chamomile Flowers
- Valerian salad (Songino) and / or Rocket to taste
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 10ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Cut the fresh salmon into cubes of about 3cm.
2. Prepare marinade for the fish: mix 40ml of balsamic vinegar and 5g of chamomile flowers in a bowl.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it for about 4 hours in the fridge.
4. Remove the salmon from the marinade. Place sesame seeds on a cutting board, and pass the salmon cubes on sesame to make them stick well on one side.
5. Heat a griddle or a shallow pan without adding any oils or fats.
6. Quickly cook the fish on both sides including the side with sesame. Wait just a few seconds (10/15) make sure you leave the fish soft inside.
7. Then, in a small bowl, mix white yogurt with sea salt, black pepper and a tablespoon of mustard.
8. In another small bowl mix 10ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 10 ml of Balsamic Vinegar.
9. Serve by placing the Yogurt Sauce with mirror spoon, then the cubes of seared salmon on top of it and garnish with the salad. Enjoy your meal!