Ancient Roman-style cheesecake used honey and a goat cheese along with flour and it was traditionally shaped into loaves. Today we still love this combination and in this recipe we use Balsamic too. Check it out!
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 250 g Fresh goat cheese
- 125 g Fresh Cream (from cow milk)
- 50 g breadsticks
- 50 g almonds
- 8 g Agar agar
- 10 g water
- 50 g Organic Balsamic Cream
- 5 g Gelatine
- 10 g Unsalted butter
- Soak gelatin in cold water.
- Melt the agar in the water, add to the cream, pour the mixture into the mold till 3 mm of thickness.
- Toast almonds in the oven.
- Chop toasted almonds and breadsticks. Add melted butter.
- Make semi whipped cream with 75 g of fresh cream.
- Melt the gelatine with 50 g of fresh cream. Add to the fresh goat cheese.
- Add semi whipped cream to the goat cheese.
- Pour into the molds and let it cool down. Then place it on the base of almonds and breadsticks.
- Leave in the freezer for 3 hours.
- Let it thaw, dress with the Balsamic Vinegar Cream and serve.
Recipe by chef Roberto Carcangiu