Make the most of any spring herbs growing in the garden with this easy risotto recipe. A classic Italian risotto perfect to celebrate with our Balsamic Vinegar.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 300 g Arborio rice
- 200 g Mixed green salad
- 30 g Fresh leek
- 40 g Fresh carrots
- 3 g Fresh garlic
- 60 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 kg vegetable broth
- 10 g Fresh Parsley
- 10 g Fresh Basil
- 5 g Fresh Chives (small bunch)
- 4 g Fresh Mint leaves
- 5 g Green Label Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP
- 25 g Parmigiano cheese 30/36 months (grated)
- 200 g Fresh cherry tomatoes / Pachino type
- 5 g Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 g Fresh Thyme (small bunch)
- 1 g Fresh Marjoram (small bunch)
- 1 g Orange Peel
- 1 g Lemon Peel
- 1 g Fresh head of garlic
- Wash the tomatoes, cook them in boiling water for a minute and peel them. Immerse them immediately in ice-cold water.
- Cut the tomatoes into 4 pieces and remove the seeds. Dry with a towel.
- Sprinkle a no stick tray with oil and thyme, place tomatoes and cook them in the oven at 90°C (80 minutes) until they dry.
- Cut in small cubes leeks and carrots (brunoise) and cook them until they get brown with garlic in a little of oil.
- Add rice and toast it adding a little bit of broth.
- After 13 minutes add the slightly chopped mixed green salad and carrots cut a brunoise.
- When cooked, mix with olive oil, parmesan cheese, aromatic herbs and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Roll out on a flat plate and decorate with traditional balsamic vinegar and cherry tomatoes.
Recipe by chef Roberto Carcangiu