The distant memories of the family wedding day make this dish our warm family tradition. Rice, sweet peppers and creamy cheese create this unique combination that goes perfectly well with the aromatic structure of Balsamic Vinegar. A quick recipe of sure success.
Cooking time: 1 h
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 320 g Carnaroli Rice
- 2 Red Peppers
- 70 g Crescenza
- 1 lt Vegetable Broth
- Salt to taste
- Half a Glass of White Dry Wine
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
Ingredients for the Balsamic Reduction:
- 100 ml Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Green Label
- 1 tsp. Acacia Honey
To make the vegetable broth you need to boil 2 lt of water with 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 1 peeled white onion and salt. Cook until it reduces to half of its volume.
- Start with the Balsamic Reduction. Pour the Balsamic Vinegar into a small nonstick saucepan, add the honey and reduce the mixture to half of its volume (approx. 15 minutes). Place the reduction into a small cup and let it cool in the fridge.
- Take the peppers. We’ve chosen the red ones, for they give the perfect color to risotto. Wash the peppers, open them up and remove the seeds and the white part.
- Brush a baking tray with some oil. Bake the peppers at 180°C for 15 minutes. Once they are ready cut them grossly and blend till they become creamy. Leave several pieces of peppers to garnish the dish.
- Pour 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan and roast the rice for several minutes. Add salt and wine. Let the wine evaporate and start adding the broth till the rice is done. In the middle of the cooking add the pepper cream.
- Once the risotto is ready, add the cheese and salt, if necessary. Garnish the dish with several strips of peppers and the Balsamic reduction.