These delicious oven-baked zucchini balls are a good idea for a quick dinner. Crunchy outside and soft in the middle, they will get surely appreciated by the whole family, including the kids even if they don’t like vegetables.
Cooking time: 30 min
Ingredients for 4 portions (12-14 zucchini balls):
- 2 Large Zucchini (3 small ones)
- 250 g Cow’s Ricotta (sheep ricotta has a stronger flavor)
- 1 Egg
- 40 g Grated Parmigiano Reggiano 24-30 Months
- 50 g Grated Mature Pecorino Cheese
- Breadcrumbs to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Gold Label to taste
- Cut the zucchini very thinly with a dicer or a grater.
- Take a bowl. Mix the zucchini with an egg, ricotta, parmigiano and pecorino. Add a bit of chopped basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture remains too liquid, add 1 tbsp. of breadcrumbs.
- Make the balls and pass dip them into breadcrumbs.
- Take a baking tray and cover it with a sheet of baking paper (otherwise brush the tray with a bit of oil). Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the zucchini balls for about 15-20 min till they get brown. Serve your zucchini balls with several drops of the Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Gold Label.