This recipe with Laurino liqueur is usually made in our family during the harvest season of Duroni, the typical cherries of Vignola. This elegant and fine dessert is ideal to conclude the dinner or to eat as a delicious snack.
Cooking time: 45 min + 4 h in the fridge
Ingredients for 6 portions:
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 4 tbsp. Caster Sugar
- 4 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 500 ml Milk
- Lemon Zest (yellow part only)
- 1 Vanilla Pod (1 packet of vanillin)
- 2 Gelatin Sheets
- 200 ml Fresh Cream
- Vanilla Sugar
- 500 g Vignola Cherries (Duroni)
- 140 g Caster Sugar
- 350 ml White Dry Wine
- 1 tbsp. Corn Starch
- 1/2 Glass of Laurino Liqueur
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- First of all, remove the stones from the cherries. Be attentive not to lose the juice. (Leave several whole cherries for decoration). Put the cherries in a saucepan with wine and sugar. Let the mixture boil for 10 minutes. Take out the cherries and leave them apart.
- Dissolve the corn starch in 2 tbsp. of water. Add it to the mixture that you have obtained after the 1st passage. Let the mixture densify over low heat for several minutes. Let it cool in a small container. You will need it in the end.
- Now make the custard. Use a double-bottomed pot to heat the milk with the vanilla pod and a piece of lemon zest. Bring the mixture to right before the boiling point. Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and whisk the mixture. Add the flour gradually, in order to obtain a homogeneous mixture with no lumps. Keep on whisking, adding gradually the warm milk. Use a sieve to filter the mixture. Leave it in the pot that you have used to heat the milk. Bring the mixture to boiling point, stirring it constantly. Once it starts to boil, cook it for 2 minutes. The custard is ready.
- Dissolve the gelatin sheets in a bit of water. Squeeze well and add them to the warm custard. Mix well. Leave the custard to cool.
- Whip the cream with a bit of vanilla sugar. Leave it in the fridge.
- Once the custard gets cool, add the whipped cream, the cooked cherries and a bit of Laurino liqueur. Mix delicately.
- Here you can choose between 6 small silicone molds or a large one. Fill the molds with the mixture and leave in in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Pour a bit of cherry juice on the bottom of every serving plate. Turn the mold upside down. Remove the mold.
- Decorate the dessert with fresh cherries and several leaves of fresh mint.