Do you want to treat your guests with something really special? Try out this Balsamic Vinegar Pearls recipe. They are really easy to make. Keep them in the fridge and decorate your dishes, from starters to desserts.
- 150 ml Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Green Label
- 1.5 g Agar-Agar
- 400 ml Sunflower Oil
You will also need:
- a thin and tall glass vessel
- a clean syringe
- a sieve
- Take the glass vessel. Choose a tall and thin one. It will be ideal to transform the drops of Balsamic Vinegar into small spheres.
- Fill the vessel with sunflower oil and leave it in the fridge for at least 3 hours. The oil has to be cold enough.
- Pour 150 ml of Balsamic Vinegar in a saucepan. Add the agar-agar. Stir well in order to avoid lumps.
- Bring the mixture to the boiling point over low heat. Turn off the fire. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Take the oil out of the fridge. Withdraw the mixture of the vinegar and agar-agar with a syringe without a needle. Let the vinegar drip into the oil. It will solidify instantly, thanks to the thermal shock. Enjoy yourself, making spheres of different dimensions until the vinegar is over.
- This technique is used in the Molecular Gastronomy. It is called spherification.
- When the vinegar is over, get out the spheres and place them in a sieve to drain excess oil. Put the spheres in a container.
- The pearls are ready. Use them to decorate your dishes. Keep in the fridge.