The three most important ingredients of the Emilian cuisine united in a single recipe. In our family, we normally make this focaccia for an outdoor dinner, a picnic in the countryside or as a substantial snack.
Cooking time: 30 min + leavening
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 500 g Type 1 Flour BIO
- 12 gr Brewer’s Yeast
- 300 ml Water
- 10 g Salt
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil BIO
- Dissolve the yeast in water. Put the flour into a bowl, add the yeast, 3 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, salt and the water. Knead for several minutes.
- Once it is homogeneous and plain, place the dough into a bowl. Cover it with a lid or plastic wrap. Let it leaven for at least 3 hours. Its volume is going to double.
- Once the dough is ready, take a baking tray and cover it with some baking paper. Brush it with a bit of oil. Place the dough onto the tray, spread it by hand in order to cover the whole surface. Brush abundantly with oil and let it leaven for 1-2 more hours.
- Once it is ready pass the fingers all around the top of your focaccia, creating the typical focaccia holes.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C and bake the focaccia for about 20-25 minutes (cooking time may vary according to the thickness of your focaccia). Control the focaccia, it has to become brown. Get it out of the oven and let it cool. Then cut it.
Parmigiano Cream and Stuffing:
- 100 g Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Bio 24 Months
- 150 g Fresh Cream Bio
- 150 g Parma Ham Bio
- Fresh Salad e.g. Lamb’s Lettuce or Gentilina
- Bio Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- 1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Organic Ivory Label
- 4 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Organic Red Label
Parmigiano Cream Preparation:
- Heat the cream in a saucepan on low heat. Add the cheese and mix well with a whisk.
- Once the cream is ready, let it cool and keep it in the fridge till you need it.
- Cut the focaccia with a serrated knife into 4 pieces. Open up every piece.
- Season the salad with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and several drops of the Organic Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Ivory Label. Place the salad on your focaccia.
- Add several slices of Parma ham and two tsp. of Parmigiano Cream. Add several drops of the Organic Blasamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Red Label.