There are so many different ways to stuff a piadina. We’ve decided to make it with Parma ham, pecorino cheese and slightly bitterish Treviso lettuce. Served with several drops of the superior Organic Balsamic Vinegar, this piadina is a real delight!
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 4 Piadina (flatbread)
- 120g of Parma Ham DOP aged for 24 months
- 2 Red chicory lettuce of Treviso IGP
- 160 g of Pecorino cheese
- Organic Balsmic Vinegar of Modena
- Extra virgin olive oil: to brush the radicchio during cooking
- Cut the red chicory lettuce into 4 wedges and cook it on the grill.
- During cooking, brush it with extra virgin olive oil.
- At the end of cooking let it cool and cut it into strips.
- Heat both of the sides of piadina in a pan.
- Make up the dish as it’s shown in the picture: place raw ham, cheese slices and the red chicory on the flatbread.
- Sprinkle balsamic vinegar on radicchio and fold flatbread before serving.