Butternut squash is one of those ingredients that come perfectly well with Balsamic Vinegar. That’s why every time we feel in need of some comfort food, we always make the butternut squash risotto with Parmigiano and Balsamic Vinegar. Check it out!
Cooking time: 20 minutes + time to bake the squash
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 340 g Carnaroli Rice
- 300 g Cubed Butternut Squash
- 1 Small Onion
- 200 g Grated Parmigiano Reggiano 24-30 Months
- 100 ml Fresh Cream
- 50 g Butter
- 600 ml Vegetable Broth
- 4 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP “Black Pearl”
- 2 Rosemary Sprigs
- Roasted Hazelnuts
- Wash and peel the squash. Remove the seeds and cut it into cubes. Cover a baking tray with baking paper, place the squash onto the tray. Bake it in a static oven at 140°C for 40 min. (If you cut it into smaller pieces, it will be ready in 20 min).
- Take a nonstick saucepan and start heating the cream over low heat. Add 150 g of grated Parmigiano and stir well until obtaining a creamy consistency.
- Brown the onion with a knob of butter over medium heat.
- Add the rice to the onion and roast it over high heat for a couple of minutes
- Add the baked pumpkin to the rice. Pour in the broth gradually until the rice is ready.
- Once the rice is “al dente”, turn off the heat. Add the rest of the butter and Parmigiano. Stir well.
- Serve the risotto, adding a drizzle of the Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP “Black Pearl”.
- Decorate every plate with a sprig of rosemary and a bit of crushed hazelnuts.