The Michelin star chef Claudio Sadler dedicates to “La Vecchia Dispensa” his own interpretation of the classical Catalan Cream, made with a Balsamic note. The harmonious union of the tradition and the modern ways. A simple recipe of sure success.
Cooking time: 1h
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 480 g Milk
- 45 g Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Gold Label
- 90 g Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Whisk the egg yolks with sugar.
- Add the vanilla pod to the milk. Bring the milk to the boiling point.
- Add the milk to the yolks with sugar, whisking constantly. Add the Balsamic Vinegar.
- Portion the custard into ceramic ramekins. Cover them with tinfoil. Make small holes into the tinfoil, for the vapor can come out. Cook in a steam cooker at 90° C for about 25 minutes.
- Add a pinch of powdered sugar on the top of each portion. Use a kitchen torch to burn the sugar until it becomes gold brown. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and blackcurrant berries.