This is one of those recipes where the oil makes the difference. Check it out if you love pears and cheese! Make it as a starter for a summertime party, or for a family dinner! Special thanks to the Chef Roberto Carcangiu for this crazy recipe. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 140 g Parmigiano cheese 30/36 months (grated)
- 33 g Organic Apple Saba
- 80 g Egg whites
- 2 g Fresh bell pepper yellow or red
- 75 g White bread use for make toasted bread
- 50 g Fresh pear (variety: Williams)
- 4 g Fresh Mint leaves (small bunch)
- 0,2 g Xanthan gum powder
- Toast bread and crush it till tiny peaces.
- Mix Saba with Xanthan gum powder, cool it down in the fridge.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix egg whites and cheese gently.
- Form balls and place frozen Saba in the middle of them.
- Bread the balls with the toast mix.
- Fry in peanut oil.
- When cooked, insert the stick and serve on a plate with a brush of Saba, strips of chili, cubes of pears and mint.
Recipe by chef Roberto Carcangiu