There are so many ways to make meatballs! Anna Fracassi is here again ready to amaze us with her endless cooking passion. Delicious beef meatballs with Apple and Citrus Condiment, served on a bed of braised endive. Bittersweet, sour, salty and spicy. These are the adjectives that describe this marvelous second course, that can easily satisfy both the palate and the vision. A quick recipe of sure success!
Cooking time: 30 min
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 200 g Minced Beef
- 1 Head of Endive
- 1/2 Scallion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Sprig of Redcurrant
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Green Label
- 2 tsp. Apple and Citrus Condiment
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Powder Chili Pepper
- Chop the scallion with the garlic and add them to the minced beaf. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Slightly wet the hands, and form small meatballs. Press well and place them onto a tray covered with baking paper. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 5-7 min.
- Cut the endive into strips. Braise it with a drizzle of oil a pinch of salt for a couple of minutes. Leave it apart.
- Once the meatballs are ready, place them into the pan that you have used to cook the endive. Add the redcurrant and a tbsp. of Balsamic Vinegar to flavor and season all the ingredients. Cook over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Place the endive on the serving plate, add the meatballs, the redcurrant and a drizzle of the Apple and Citrus Condiment. Decorate with the scallion, cut into small rings, and a sprinkle of powder chilli pepper.