This is a sea scallop recipe by Chef Roberto Carcangiu. Combining scallops with cured meat is a widespread tradition, bacon is a common accompaniment, but in Italy we use Parma ham. Try it out! Don’t forget the Balsamic Vinegar!
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 12 pezzi Scallops
- 2 g Fresh Thyme
- 40 g Parma Ham
- 20 g Aromatic breading
- 10 g Organic Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 10 g Extra virgin olive oil
- 30 g Mixed green salad
- 20 g Fresh spinach
- 20 g Fresh Rucola / rocket salad
- 20 g Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 10 g Peeled hazelnuts
- 4 g Fresh Marjoram (small bunch)
- 10 g Fresh Watercress (small bunch)
- Clean the scallops, remove the corals, pass them in the aromatic breading.
- Wrap scallops in ham, roll in food foil and cook at 56°C.
- Cook the corals on a pan with a drop of oil just to warm them up, remove them and cook the mixed salad in the same pan.
- Toast the hazelnuts.
- Mash fresh herbs with a drizzle of oil and hazelnuts.
- Layer the salad pesto, the scallops, the semi-dry tomatos, marjoram and balsamic vinegar on the plate and serve.
Recipe by chef Roberto Carcangiu