Meadow salad, celeriac and chickpea hummus with balsamic vinegar. Modena-style reinterpretation of hummus, realized with the “Gold Label” balsamic vinegar with its aromatic cherry notes and fruity sweetness. The intense and woody Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Extra Vecchio performs as a final touch in this easy-to-make recipe.
Cooking time: 45 min
Ingredients for 2 portions (250 gr each)
- 1 Medium Celeriac
- 200 gr Various Wild Herbs and Seasonal Salads (we have used lettuce, spinach, arugula, red turnip buds and chard)
- 1 Fennel
- Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena DOP Extra Vecchio by “La Vecchia Dispensa”
- Pearls with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
Chickpea hummus with balsamic vinegar:
- 250 gr Pre-Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Lemon Juice to taste
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Tahini (100 gr of toasted sesame blended with 20 gr of seed oil)
- 1 tbsp “Gold Label” Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP by “La Vecchia Dispensa”
Mix all the ingredients and blend the mixture until it becomes creamy. In the end, add the balsamic vinegar and blend delicately in order to mix it in well.
Bake the celeriac in the oven. It is an optimal ingredient of this recipe with its high expectorant and digestive qualities. Sprinkle the baking tray with some coarse salt, place the celeriac onto the tray and bake in the oven at 180°C for 45 min. Get the celeriac out and let it cool. Slice the celeriac, then use a round pastry cutter to cut out circles, removing in this way the external part. Season with salt and oil and leave aside.
Meanwhile, mix the various herbs you have chosen, adding some thinly chopped fennel. Wash the salad into ice cold water, in this way it will remain crunchy when you season it. Let it dry.
Season the celeriac with the balsamic hummus. Use your imagination to serve the dish. Don’t forget about some Balsamic Pearls and a drizzle of the Traditional Balsamic Vinegar that are going to give a special touch to this simple dish.