The favorite dessert of our Balsamic Vinegar Master. We always make it for different family occasions. The combination of custard, chocolate and a slightly alcoholic touch can easily make happy all of your guests.
Cooking time: 1 h + 3h in the fridge
Ingredients for 8 portions
- 1 l Fresh Milk
- 8 Egg Yolks
- 8 tbsp. Caster Sugar
- 8 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Small Vanilla Pod (1 packet of vanillin)
- Organic Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp. Powder Cocoa
- 8/10 Soft Savoiardi Biscuits
- 250 ml Alkermes Liqueur
- 2 tbsp. Sassolino Liqueur (if you can’t find it, use only Alkermes)
- Start with the custard. Pour the milk in a pot, add the vanilla pod and a bit of lemon zest (yellow part only). Bring the mixture to the boiling point and turn off the fire.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and whisk the mixture. Add the flour gradually, in order to obtain a homogeneous mixture with no lumps. Add the warm milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Use a sieve to filter the mixture. Remove the vanilla pod and the lemon zest. Leave it in the pot that you have used to heat the milk.
- Bring the mixture to the boiling point, stirring it constantly. Once it starts to boil, cook it for 2 minutes. The custard is ready. Important: pay attention to whisk the mixture all the time that it is over heat. In this way, it remains homogeneous with no lumps.
- Take a bowl, mix a bit of the custard with powder cocoa. Leave it apart.
- Prepare the serving bowl.
- Mix the two liqueurs in a small container.
- Cut the Savoiardi biscuits in the middle. Open them up. Dip the halves quickly into the liqueur and place them at the bottom and along the sides of the serving bowl.
- Divide the custard into 2 equal parts. Make the first layer.
- Add several liqueur dipped biscuits.
- Make the mid-layer, using the cocoa custard.
- Add other biscuits.
- Finish the preparation with the last layer of the custard.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Leave it in the fridge for at least 2-3 h.