Freshly caught sea breams get transformed into a delicate dish with sweet and sour notes. A perfect recipe for a summertime dinner with friends in the soft sunset lights. The recipe studied by the Chef Maurizio Vergara and made in the summer kitchen of a splendid pajara overlooking the sea of Salento.
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 2 Sea Breams 500 g each
- 2 Carots
- 2 White Celery Stalks
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- 4/5 Leaves of Fresh Sage
- 3 Bay Leaves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP “Black Pearl” to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fillet the sea breams. Use fishbone pliers to extract the bones. (Otherwise take the ready fillet at the fishmonger’s).
- Place the fillets onto a baking tray, add sage, bay leaves and rosemary, a drizzle of oil. Cook in a conventional oven preheated to 70° for 20 minutes.
- After the first cooking, place the sea bream fillets onto a sheet of absorbent paper and leave them for a while to drain excess oil.
- Wash the carrot and the celery. Use a potato peeler to cut them into large and thin slices.
- Put a nonstick pan on the fire. Once it gets hot, use a spatula to put the fillets into the pan. Cook the fillets from the both sides over high heat.
- Place one of the fillets in the middle of the serving plate. Add the carrot and celery strips on the side. Season with oil and salt, if you wish.
- Add several drops of the Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP “Black Pearl” on the sea bream fillets and the vegetables.