A traditional recipe of Apulia made with 0 km ingredients, enriched by a balsamic touch, thanks to the creativity of the Chef Maurizio Vergara. The recipe realized for “La Vecchia Dispensa” in the fabulous frame of the sea of Salento.
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 4 barley frisas (6 if small ones)
- 300 g Insalataro Tomatoes
- 300 g Fiaschetto Tomatoes
- 150 g Dried Tomatoes in Oil
- N° 8 Fresh Anchovies
- 50 ml Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Green Label
- 250 g Stracciatella Cheese
- Basil to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP “Black Pearl” to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Take a bowl with 300 ml of water. Add a pinch of salt, several leaves of basil and, if desired, a clove of garlic. Leave it for some time in order to flavor the water.
- Soak the frisas in the water until they get softer. Pay your attention not to soak them for too much time. The frisas get rehydrated with acidulous water but the consistency has to be maintained.
- Crush the frisas and place them in a medium-sized container.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into 4 pieces each. Remove the seeds, cut the tomatoes into cubes and leave them in a strainer in order that they can lose excessive water.
- Cut the dried tomatoes into strips and let them drain oil.
- Clean the anchovies. Remove the head and the fishbone. Place the filets into a bowl, add the Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP Green Label, salt and pepper. Leave to marinate in the fridge for an hour.
- Add the tomatoes to the frisas. Chop several leaves of basil and add them to the mixture. Stir well with extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, several drops of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP “Black Pearl”. The dish is ready!
- Take a large spoon and put one part of the mixture in the middle of the plate. Place the stracciatella cheese in order to cover the mixture. Roll two marinated anchovies and place them on the stracciatella.